EDMO has created a network of fact-checking organisations based in the EU to foster collaboration in contrasting disinformation.
EDMO’s fact-checking activities include:
- The publication of monthly fact-checking briefs picturing the main disinformation trends;
- The publication of cooperative investigations focused on specific disinformation topics;
- The creation and update of a repository of EU based fact-checking organisations and their professional characteristics;
- The creation of a searchable directory of online fact-checks available in several EU languages through automated translation;
- The creation of a searchable repository of media literacy material available on EDMO’s website;
- The organization of trainings for fact-checkers.
EDMO has also set-up a secure online platform supporting the detection and analysis of disinformation campaigns and a website providing public information to raise awareness about disinformation.
EDMO’s platform provides a variety of functionalities that support:
- Real-time collaboration and communication among the members of EDMO’s communities;
- Access to social media data through APIs;
- Content monitoring and analysis of multimedia items;
- Access to EU open data repositories.